Diarkis is a framework engine for online multiplayer games that uses Kubernetes to auto-scale. Diarkis runs autonomously and covers client-side as well as server-side.
Diarkis (διαρκής) is a Greek word that roughly translates to something that is perpetual, something that does not stop
What is Diarkis?
Diarkis is a server and client software engine, for handling client to server real-time communication, scaling large-scale multiplayer games. It is designed to work on top of Kubernetes.
Diarkis is equipped with necessary functions for multiplayer games such as matchmaking, room-style multiplayer communication, MMO-style functions, and more so that you are able to jump-start your multiplayer game development right away.
With Diarkis, the server cluster is made simple. It is designed to auto-scale your Diarkis game servers using Kubernetes. Diarkis server cluster operates autonomously and deploying a new version of your Diarkis game server will not interrupt your game at all allowing you to update the game servers on the fly.
Advantages of Diarkis:
- The lower management cost of game servers as Diarkis itself handles scaling and runs autonomously in most cases.
- Built-in critical features for multiplayer games that allow the developer to use and customize as they see fit.
- Cloud platform agnostic. It means that Diarkis can be deployed anywhere.
- High fault-tolerant server cluster system that ensures the availability of your games.
- The modular architecture of Diarkis can be tailored to your multilayer game mechanism.
- Diarkis Room implements a MO-style setup for your multiplayer game that provides the foundation for games such as multiplayer FPS, battle royale, dungeon-crawling, etc.
- Diarkis Group implements a large-scale grouping of players that allows chats and messaging between a large number of players.
- Diarkis MatchMaker is a very unique matchmaking system where the player is able to search for other players with flexible conditions in real-time on an extremely large scale.
- Diarkis Field synchronizes remote players that are within the field of each other's view in a single universe where all players share the time and space together.
- Diarkis P2P uses the Diarkis server cluster as STUN and TURN to enable smooth peer-to-peer communication suitable for multiplayer games sensitive to network latency.
- The decentralized architecture of Diarkis enables multiplayer games to scale horizontally within its server cluster.